Monday, December 22, 2008

6 Degress

Yup 6 degrees Fahrenheit - that is how cold it was this morning when I went to work. Kicker is that due to the humidity here it felt like it was below 0. And the worst part...no snow to show for it :( That is one thing I dislike about Kentucky. They swear up and down that they get snow here but every winter I've lived here has been a "mild" winter as they are all calling it. Basically any snow we get melts within a few hours. It is beautiful here but what I wouldn't give for a truly white Christmas! Oh well.

Something funny for you though. The other day we were driving home with the boy from church and he starts complaining he's hungry. He wants a snack. To which we reply that it's bedtime not snack time. His reply "I'm thinking Arby's." I swear word for word that was what he said. Brad and I couldn't contain ourselves we burst out laughing! Although Brad recovered quite quickly and replied "I'm thinking bedtime."

The boy went back to his mom yesterday morning and she called in the afternoon saying she was taking him to the doctor. Apparently he had left blankie and teddy here and he was distraught over that on top of not feeling good. Turns out he has an ear infection. The doctor gave him some antibiotics and when Brad called his mom today she said he was feeling better. Poor little guy. That's probably why he was acting weird Friday night and then threw up. But Saturday he seemed just fine. Weird.

Not much else going on here. Shopping for Christmas is all done and we're all set to go. Just need the next day or two to go by fast, especially at work ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the boy is feeling better. Thanks for always posting such wonderful comments on my blog. I appreciate your friendship, even from thousands of miles away. February is the perfect time to get married. Great minds think alike! Here's hoping we can be there for you guys in June!

    ReplyDelete