Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crazy Adventrures

MAN! What a crazy day. My phone died on me this morning at work. Then on my way to class (an hour drive) I got a flat tire!!! It was actually a blow out who knows how that happened. So I turn my phone on and use the tiny bit of battery it has to call Brad and tell him where I am - exactly 20 minutes away in the middle of NOWHERE! So he's say I'm leaving now as the phone dies. Like two seconds later the county sheriff guy shows up and asks if I need help. Part of me wants to say no I'm fine I'll get it and then the smart part of me blurts out "yes!" So he completely changed the tire for me. I tried to call Brad and tell him not to come but the phone wouldn't work at all. So then I asked the Sheriff when he was done if he could call my husband and let him know I'm ok. So he dials and then hands the phone to me. Brad's already on his way so the Sheriff and I wait in our cars for Brad. Brad comes we switch cars and he continues on to the nearest town to get a new tire and I take his car to school. I'm 15 minutes late to class which honestly was great considering all that had happened. At this point the instructor is going over something they learned last week asks me what I think the answer is and I'm like I wasn't here last week I don't know. So then for the rest of the lecture every time a concept even had a little to do with what they learned last week he would say "for those of you who weren't here last week." Whatever. Luckily I caught on really quick to what we were doing and left tonight totally caught up. Then I drove home. Man I'm just glad we have our emergency fund in place. Not once tonight did I have to stress about how we would pay for the new tire. I just told Brad use the debit card the emergency fund will cover it! Guess I better get some sleep now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa! Just checking in on your blog. Here's my blog address: paulandreesa.blogspot.com
    see you at church!

    ReplyDelete